Personal, Friendly & Dependable Service
CFM Insurance, Inc. is the combination of Concordia Farmers Mutual and Central Mutual Insurance Company. With a rich history dating back to the 1800s, CFM has undergone several name changes, a merger, and many technological advances throughout the years. The company has remained financially strong after servicing policyholders for nearly 150 years. Take a look at CFM’s progression over time:
1869 – CFM is founded as the Aid Association by a group of farmers in the Concordia community. Their main goal is to protect community members from the dreaded threat of fire.
1896 – Central Mutual Insurance Company is organized as the Johnson County Mutual Insurance Association by members of The Church of the Brethren.
1920 - 1938 – The Aid Association undergoes three name changes: Freedom Farmers Fire Benevolent Association, Freedom Farmers Insurance Company, and Concordia Farmers Mutual Insurance Company, respectively. Policies are now issued, more business-like records and practices are adopted, and a Secretary-Manager is employed to manage the company.
1969 – The company celebrates its 100th Anniversary and moves into the new Home Office building, constructed to coincide with the anniversary.
1969 - 2006 – Central Mutual Insurance Company continues to grow, due in part to several mergers during these years.
2010 – Concordia Farmers Mutual and Central Mutual Insurance Company merge into CFM Insurance, Inc., ranking CFM in the top three of the largest farm mutual insurance companies in the state of Missouri. The merger brings increased capacity for business, additional expertise, potential for advances in technology, and greater prospects for ensuring the future of the company for many years to come. CFM begins the process of converting all paper files to an electronic filing system.
Interesting Fact: During the first 61 years of CFM’s existence, no policies were given to members and there was no evidence of insurance, other than notations made by the Board of Directors. At that time, a man’s word was the best guarantee any individual could have. It was also necessary to speak the German language to become a member of the company. This restriction remained until 1917.