The Staff Accountant at CFM will have the primary responsibilities of maintaining the company’s financial records and assisting the Chief Financial Officer as needed. Working closely with the accounting team, the Staff Accountant will contribute to the preparation of financial statements to track the company’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete banking related duties, including daily cash balance reporting, maintaining bank contact and access lists, monthly bank reconciliations, managing credit card/ACH payments & deposits, as well as agency sweep transactions.
- Prepare and reconcile month and year-end general ledger entries and reports, and inventory for city and county personal property tax reports.
- Generate 1099 tax forms for directors, vendors, and agents.
- Balance manual records and data to the policy processing systems: BriteCore & Go.
- Assist the CFO with the annual financial audits.
- Collaborate with the team on best practices within corporate and legal boundaries to streamline and enhance daily operating procedures.
- Support team functions as backup, including electronic deposits, recording bank transactions, accounts payable/receivable.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is required.
- CPA is not required, but preferred.
- Have at least 3 years of accounting experience (previous accounting experience in the insurance industry is preferred).
- Familiar with insurance-specific software (BriteCore, Guidewire), and insurance industry principles and practices.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and an efficient multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MacOS and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with and present to others.