SYSTEMS PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
The Systems Project Management Specialist will have the primary responsibility of executing a variety of projects related to the implementation, upgrade, management, and maintenance the company’s new policy administration system (PAS). The ideal candidate has excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills, a strong technical background, and a passion for project management. Working closely with the Director, Information Systems & Security and the rest of the IT team, the Systems Project Management Specialist will also provide support for software migrations and updates, draft and publish IT & IS support documentation, perform routine systems testing, and other related activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation, upgrade, management, and maintenance of the PAS.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Manage and motivate project team members.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and document business requirements for the PAS.
- Develop and maintain schedules for the implementation, upgrade, and maintenance projects of the PAS.
- Monitor project progress and identify and address risks in a timely manner.
- Provide routine updates to stakeholders on project progress.
- Perform routine user acceptance and support testing of the PAS and other applications.
- Create IT & IS support documentation and troubleshooting guides.
- Perform front-line troubleshooting and diagnostics of the PAS.
- Work with third-party vendors to resolve system and software issues in a timely manner, including system updates, patches, and that systems continuously meet all security standards and requirements.
- Assist with and support the management of the Company vehicle fleet and facility security systems.
- Provide system support in RingCentral (VOIP system).
- Assist with system and technological inventory tracking.
- Assist the IT team with minor technology application installations.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of industry-best practices, and company procedures.
- Take leadership and responsibility to proactively solve problems that impact business needs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- One to two years of experience in a project management role.
- Experience with policy administration systems, and their configuration and customization is preferred.
- Experience with project management methodologies and tools is preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic information technology and systems skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues and senior leadership.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively to resolve complex systems issues.
- Knowledge of MacOS, Apple products, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and adapt to new technologies.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges as needed.
- Ability to maintain relationships with colleagues and coworkers from other departments.